Monday, September 13, 2010

Sorry It's Been Awhile...


Hello everyone! Sorry it's been so long since we last posted. Not a whole lot has been going on, to tell you the truth. We are both busy with school and getting into a routine with our jobs.

Here's a picture of some of our students at the August Kindergarten Birthday Party. Each month the school puts on a small celebration for all the kids with a birthday. From left to right that's Ellie, Dorothy, Jenny and Emily.

Two weeks ago our co-worker Christina went back home to Michigan after her year in South Korea was up. We got a new teacher, Aaren. She is from the Niagara Falls area in Canada. We always enjoy meeting new teachers, but we sure do miss Christina too!

I have a few pen pal projects set up with two of my classes and the kindergarten and 2nd grade classrooms at my sister Shannon's school. My Penguin kindergarten class and Shannon's kindergarten class are going to exchange Power Point presentations with pictures and other information about each other. Then I have a group of 2nd grade students who are going to write letters with the 2nd graders at St. Matthews in Bellevue. Should be a fun project, and I hope the kids will enjoy learning about each other.

We've spent the last few weekends cleaning our apartment and hanging out with friends. This past Sunday I went on a hike up the mountains with my co-workers and some other friends. I thought I wasn't going to make it at first! It was a very strenuous climb, but I am glad I did it. There were some amazing views of all of Busan!

This week Bob and I are getting ready for our trip. Next week is the Chu-sok holiday in Korea, which is basically their version of Thanksgiving. We have four days off from work, so we've planned a trip to Guam. By this time next week we'll be on our way to the islands! More to come on all of that.

***Bob & Lindsey***

No comments:

Post a Comment